Saturday, July 6, 2013

Four

I'm angry. I'm always angry, but it only surfaces at the oddest of moments, like when I'm about to meet an overbearing friend or one that has wronged me at some point (and who I've been acting normally around for months), or when I have to get dressed for a client meeting and hate my options, or when I'm 5 minutes late for an appointment and I know that the receptionist is going to be a bitch about it. These minor annoyances trigger disproportionate reactions in me that end in very awkward and unnecessary situations.

And I don't know why.

Ever since I moved out of my parents' place I haven't been depressed. On the surface it seems like I'm calmer and more relaxed. Except when I have to deal with people. People make me angry.

If I'm honest with myself I'll admit that people make me uncomfortable. Every interaction feels like an opportunity for someone to judge the way I look, act or think. I probably feel this insecure because I never stand up for myself, put so little effort into life in general, and feel like others have something I don't. Leftovers from my childhood, feelings that shouldn't have a place in my life now.

I need to get more comfortable in my skin, otherwise I'll alienate everyone and end up living as an emotionally stunted hermit.

No comments:

Post a Comment