Sunday, July 7, 2013

Five



I just realized, I don’t have any real friends. I'm preparing my bucket list and one of the things on it is "call all friends once a month" because I tend to disappear for long periods of time. I've got five names on the list, all of which I'm squinting at and wondering if I can really count them as friends. Two haven't made the list because I've recently decided to cut them out from my life. Only one on that list is worth making any effort for, and I've only seen her twice (by accident) since the start of this year. 

I never realized how withered my relationships have become. Being a reclusive introvert makes it easy to let go of people and not notice when they're gone. My new bucket list resolution should be "Make 5 new quality friendships and maintain them".

No comments:

Post a Comment