Friday, August 30, 2013

Twenty-two


Summary of recent events:
  • I got promoted to acting manager with no salary raise until the end of the year
  • I got pissed off when I discovered that the previous manager – who was utterly incompetent and a complete bitch – got the position by being unsurprisingly bitchy AND had a significantly higher salary, one that she didn't deserve for the crap work she delivered
  • I updated my CV and started secretly looking for work elsewhere in an act of true passive aggressiveness
  • I cooled off and stopped the job search, but decided to start working under the table editing CVs to make extra income. My first client is a hot older Dutchman, I'll be meeting him soon
  • I got asked out by a client on a date; I told him I'd be willing to give dating a go after we've gotten to know each other better as friends. He proceeded to bombard me with sickeningly cute whatsapp messages and needy phone calls at random times of the day. I freaked out and cut off contact. I need to call him and let him know it's not going to work out. Procrastination and avoidance commence
  • I took my mom to a Julio Iglesias concert and enjoyed a lovely summer evening of mother-daughter bonding to a backdrop of mermaid-like backup singers and a charming old fox crooning songs I'm not interested in, in a language I don’t understand
  • I went broke after renewing my car insurance, car license and driving license. Decided to embrace frugal living. Bought a handful of plain hairbands for over 7 euros last night after going out for overpriced milkshakes and French fries with a new coworker at an upscale cafĂ©
  • Lost my Blackberry, and my work phone's battery is almost dead and I don't have a charger for it. I suspect that someone might be coming into my apartment when I'm not around and either taking things or leaving trash, but then again it might be my paranoia after an American friend of mine told me the CIA used to go into his home when he wasn't around and leave signs as warnings  

No comments:

Post a Comment